Welcome to Montessori schools
Montessori is an innovative method of observing and supporting the natural development of children. Montessori educational practice helps children develop creativity, problem solving, critical thinking and time-management skills, and care of the environment and each other.
• The Montessori Method is based on observations of the nature of the child and offers the child a maximum spontaneity in choice of physical and mental activity. Nevertheless the child reaches the same or higher levels of scholastic attainment as under traditional systems.
• Each child works at his own pace. The quick are not held back nor are the slow pressured. There is much opportunity for group work.
• The Montessori Method enables the teacher to guide each child individually in each subject according to his own individual requirements. It allows the child to grow in biological independence by respecting his/her needs and removing undue influence of the adult. It allows the child a large measure of liberty based on respect for the rights of others.
• The Montessori Method does away with competition as a major motivation for learning. The child competes with himself/herself. It presents endless opportunities for mutual work and help–these joyfully given and received.
• The child works from his own free choice. This choice is preceded by knowledge and is thus a real choice.
• The Montessori Method develops the whole personality of the child, not merely his intellectual faculties but also his powers and deliberation, initiative and independent choice, with their emotional complements. By living as a free member of a real social community, the child is trained in those fundamental social qualities which form the basis of good citizenship.
Adapted and quoted from: The Montessori Method: A Revolution in Education. – E. M. Standing, The Academy Library Guild 1962.
The rich history of MSSC and care for the Montessori philosophy shows from the moment you take a tour
We love this school our kids have been going here. when they started preschool and our oldest is in the academy program which is high school.
My son gets the love and guidance needed for him to thrive and love learning
MSSC is like a family to us. We are proud to be a part of this amazing community